I just watched WH:BCD and here are a few things of interest:
- It has a nice 3D WH and takes the lid off to show various parts. However, the floor plans are not significantly different from WHM’s and it does not show any parts (like the basement press offices) that I don’t have documented. It specifically avoids showing the layout of the third floor even when discussing it directly and showing it from the outside.
- The servants’ spiral staircase definitely ends at the first mez level and has storage shelves built into the interior[!]
- I believe we get our first glimpse at the basement mez pantry.
- In addition to the Kitchen and state rooms, we get a good look at the guest rooms, Treaty Room, West Sitting Hall, and Private Dining Room.
- Laura claims she and W stayed in the Lincoln Bedroom when they visited the Bush 1s. This contradicts her claims from Monarchy that they stayed in the Queens’ Bedroom. Then again, she also says that they hosted QE2 and Prince Charles in the Private Dining Room, while a picture is shown of the QE2 lunch in the Yellow Room.
- There’s a good moment when the narrator says the WH is wired for 21st century living and we see a workman remove a wall panel to reveal what appear to be 50-year-old screw-type fuses.