Bryan D e-mailed me about a recent minuscule change to the WW ground floor page where I added a label for “Ward Room.” I got a tip about the Ward Room some time ago and had only managed to research it enough to feel I understood what and where it was enough to add a reference. On a ship, the ward room is an officers’ mess and lounge room, so I think the WH Ward Room is probably a fancier dining room just off the Navy Mess dining room. It seems likely, then, that some of the pictures I have on the Navy Mess page are actually of the Ward Room, so I made mention on the Navy Mess page.
- Rush Limbaugh 2006 (lunch with Rove, “seats about 14 people”)
- Bob Novak 2005 (policy meetings)
- WSJ 2003 (lunch in “dark, wood-paneled…,” quoted half-way down)
- Washington Monthly (VIP lunch)
- Time 1997 (political strategy session, about 2/3 down)
- Time 1996 (“a small, private conference room next to the White House mess,” about half-way down)